Broadband provider: Metronet

Bailey08787 16:20 02 Dec 2004

Hi

Has anybody had any experience of this broadband provider? I am tempted to take up there uncapped 2mbps service for £31.28 a month.

click here

Anything I should be wary about?

pj123 16:35 02 Dec 2004

No, I don't think so. Don't forget there is no free modem or free connection. You have to buy your own modem and the connection charge is £59.53.

Of course the upside is that there is only a 3 month contract.

And also your quoted price of £31.28 is the maximum you will pay regardless of how much time you spend/download on the internet.

Check out this previous thread. click here

Grouse ® 16:49 02 Dec 2004

I've used metronet for a year now! great service and they e-mail you of any disruption to service or maintenance............never had to contact them so far!

Ranger 17:18 02 Dec 2004

I've been using the 512 for a year and a half now, never had any problems and my bill has never been over £16

Kernow Man 16:06 04 Dec 2004

I've just started with Metronet. Excellent service and the set up instrucitons were clear.

They have just announced a price reduction on the PAYG services.

Dipso 22:35 04 Dec 2004

I'm not sure if you are aware but the price you are quoting is exclusive of VAT. The VAT inclusive price is £36.75.

I have been with them since June 2003. I have had a great service from them and I upgraded to 1 Meg this year.

Also as the previous poster said, they have just announced a price reduction, the second this year.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017