Broadband Pipex or Gio

A.J. 17:16 01 Mar 2003

Anyone have any experience with pipex or Gio for BBand use. Looking to change from BT internet surftime, Now £11:99 a month. Does anyone know if either have any port restrictions for file sharing etc.

Gio at £18:99 a month looks very cheap although I think it's going up to £19:99 soon Anyone got any views.

Thanks..........Andy

he he :-) 17:24 01 Mar 2003

u r more assured pipex will be here tommorow

magic 20:14 01 Mar 2003

I just signed up with Pipex (19.99 per month + vat) and its now reliable and very quick.
The reason I say now, and this applies to all adsl ISP's i think, is if you have a via chipset and usb1.1 ports, then their poxy usb modem will not work.
(see my post on this today - Pipex and USB modem)
All I can suggest to you would be to sign up with one where you provide your own hardware.

A.J. 20:25 01 Mar 2003

Thanks Magic will check out your earlier post.

Stuartli 12:05 02 Mar 2003

Pipex is one of the UK's leading business and home user ISPs - and has been since 1991.

acfc 13:57 02 Mar 2003

Why do so many people pay BT £29.99 for ADSL when the same service is available so much cheaper?

I agree with he he:-) Pipex will be around next year! and having used their BB service for about 7 months would definately recommend it.

Took up p Pipex's free modem offer a few weeks ago and am very happy with service to date.

Dicmay 21:11 02 Mar 2003

I took up the Pipex offer about a month and a half ago (the one with free activation/one month free) and i haven't looked back.

I've never had to use their support hotline, thus far (touch wood) and my speeds are constantly excellent even during peak times.

I have nothing but good things to say about Pipex :)

Rich
(one VERY happy Pipex customer)

A.J. 23:45 02 Mar 2003

What about port restrictions ? Are there any on Pipex. I know Gio dosen't.

Thanks.....AJ

raygraphix 08:01 03 Mar 2003

I used BT Vroadband for a week from BT...hey...so far so..good...

In my opinion....you pay a bit more...but quality wise.....very good.

he he :-) 20:41 03 Mar 2003

vroadband?... :-))

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Is this the future of VR and AR?

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment regarder le Bureau des Légendes en ligne ?