Broadband

crustybum 09:41 24 Jan 2006

I recently signed up with talktalk for my broadband service,I was told that i could receive 1mb through my phone line when they tested it, So i agreed to have the service from them, After the service started i could only receive 512 i contacted talktalk to cancel but i was told i could not cancel unless i pay for the full 12 months, Can i get out of this contract because they are not providing the service i agreed too.

spuds 10:12 24 Jan 2006

If you are absolutely correct that you have sufficient evidence that talktalk are not providing the service that they have stated they would provide, then you will have consumer law in your favour under the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982 (as amended).

How did you check, that you were not getting what you wanted. Have a word with BT, if they are the line provider, and see what they say.You can also check via click here

GANDALF <|:-)> 10:22 24 Jan 2006

The BB is supplied by BT not Talk Talk. I would imagine that the line is only available for 512k. In all honesty you will not notice much difference between 512k and 1 meg, so I would stick with it as I suspect that any provdiser will only be able to supply 512k.

G

crustybum 12:22 24 Jan 2006

Thanks for your reply, i am getting 512broadband from talktalk but i am paying for 1mb and they wont let me cancel unless i pay for the full 12 months.

Mike D 12:26 24 Jan 2006

I would still check with BT. I weas with Tiscali, who charged me for a 2Mb service, but then said that I could only have a 1Mb service. Bt now provide me with a 2 MB service - Tiscali's loss!

Mike

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse's new logo: the trainer brand looks to its heritage for a fresh identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans ├ęchec ?