BRIGHT HOUSE

danielleknox85 19:13 15 Oct 2006

N E 1 EVERED PURCHASED N E THING ON FINANCE FROM THEM?

i purchased only because i couldnt afford them i got a laptop and a 3n2 seater leather sofas,

the laptop went all funny after a month ( i had optional service cover on it ) they took it away told me it wud be 4 weeks i continued payin for it for the time it was away which ended up draggin to 7, i was that angry at them i told them i no longered wanted it and i wanted a desktop instead which i got.

i then purchased sofas from them which when they delivered i didnt notice they were teared on the bottom must ov been of when they guys where gettin them into my house i wasnt happy i was told some one wud repair it 44 months later no 1 has been. im sick and tired and angry., i have never missed a payment with these either, im callin them up tomoro to see if they will take it back and i can geta different 1. i hv optional service cover on this too so i dont see y not...they did with my computer...

id say brighthouse were crap, staff are lovely but company crap..

n e advice to me what rights i should hv?

love daniellexxx

spuds 19:19 15 Oct 2006

Danielle, you have many consumer rights, especially as you have a finance agreement as well. Telephone Consumer Direct click here or go to your local trading standards or consumer advice office.

danielleknox85 19:23 15 Oct 2006

thats solved my problem already thanks xxxx

Forum Editor 19:40 15 Oct 2006

that nobody has been to do the repair 44 months later, or was it a typing error, and should it have been 4 months?

danielleknox85 19:42 15 Oct 2006

yeah typing error . 4 months later hahaha. im also not happy with the quality of the leather its awfull u can see itswearin away real bad and ive looked after it really well tooo..

rip offs..

€dstowe 21:11 15 Oct 2006
  hijo 16:56 16 Oct 2006

AVOID AVOID AVOID...i was sooo desperate 2 yrs ago for a new pc that i went into the HULL store & nearly got scammed by them....they said there pc HAD to have there insurance cover ALTHOUGH i had full accidental cover & new for old but they insisted that i had to have it or they wouldnt do business...the pc i was looking @ had a p4/512mb i think a 3ghz proccessor & 160gig..it wasnt the best of makes either & they wanted something STUPID like £1100 for a pc that should realy cost £450-600 MAX...there was other issues i didnt agree with & in the end i backed out of the deal BUT complained to them via email,this was 2 yrs ago iam STILL waiting to hear from them...!!!

hijo 17:02 16 Oct 2006

the final price of the desktop/pc was (without the insurance) £1900 more or less OR £2200 with......ripoff..!!! whilst i was in the store a woman who wasnt to happy started to shout @ one of the members of staff,i wasnt too amused but i was at the other end of the store..& she was realy shouting telling customers NOT to buy from them..!!! looking back i wish i had of asked her whats wrong....

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone