Bolton PC

Argenta 18:00 29 Jun 2007

Hi everyone,

I ordered a PC from this online company a couple of weeks ago and am having some serious problems with them, mostly due to the fact that they are completely ignoring my repeated attempts to communicate with them, by phone and by email.

After we had made the initial order they send us an email saying the PC was being built and asked if we would like Win XP installed on it. I replied saying yes, and that was when the trouble started, because they never got back to me to confirm that this was being done or invoice me for the extra amount,

I tried to cancel the order on Monday but was informed that this was impossible as it had already been dispatched. However, it still has not arrived and as they use a courier service, surely it should have done by now.

We cannot get anyone to reply to us to answer our questions as to whether XP is included, whether the machine really has been dispatched, when we can expect delivery and if we still have the right to cancel and get a refund. In short, we have no idea what is happening but it doesn't look good.

I'd like to know if anyone else has had experience with this company. It looks like we'll end up having to take this to Trading Standards and fight them for our money back.

Diodorus Siculus 08:02 30 Jun 2007

Get onto your credit card company and tell them what is happening; at the very worst if you don't want it when it arrives you have 7 days to return it under distance selling regulations if you have ordered a standard pc (if you have required it to be specially modified then you are not in that position).

Ellirum 17:46 02 Jul 2007

I have found them to be very rude and offensive.

The contact name i have is Mr Steve Howard if that helps. He appears to enjoy ignoring people. I have not met his like before. I managed to get this address but it hasnt helped and missing parts have never turned up.

Unit B10, Powerhub, St Peter Street, Maidstone ME16 0ST

Argenta 03:27 07 Jul 2007

Thanks for your help. In the end they did agree to give us our money back and it has been refunded on to our credit card. So, a happy ending, but I wish they had simply given us decent customer service in the first place, or we wouldn't have wanted to cancel...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?