On board graphics card supporting Portrait View

daemo 03:11 24 Nov 2005

Hi,
I'm looking for an on board graphics card that supports a portrait view, is there anything on the market like this now? a motherboard which supports nvrotate? I'm prefereably looking for a micro-ATX motherboard

Thanks in advance,

Stuartli 16:10 24 Nov 2005

ForceWare drivers are backward compatible - like all nVidia drivers - and can be used from TNT2 cards onwards.

A first class guide to using nVidia drivers can be found at:

click here

PaulB2005 16:14 24 Nov 2005

Just me and daemo.

---

Sorry but i had tried to explain about NVRotate but you persisted with the "i just use software X to rotate pictures" path which is totally off-course.

DieSse 18:00 24 Nov 2005

and me ;-))

I presumed daemo has a swivel monitor, and wants to use it in portrait mode - hence the need to rotate the screen image to suit.

daemo 03:01 25 Nov 2005

tnx PaulB2005 and DieSse for clearing myself, come on guys, would I bother to look/search for a motherboard just to rotate a photo 90 degrees? lol..
I want it for a screen to be permanently in portrait view, it's for a kiosk project...
also, I dont think TNT2 supports NVrotate, it's a bit old.. the reason why I'm looking for a motherboard with an on-board graphics card supporting NVrotate is to minimize the cost, but it seems that nForce boards are a bit more expensive as well, a decision to make... =\

Stuartli 09:26 25 Nov 2005

May I respectfully suggest you read your original thread again..:-)

>>, I dont think TNT2 supports NVrotate, it's a bit old.>>

Quote from the nVidia drivers web pages:

"ForceWare software supports the entire line of TNT2™ processors, the GeForce™ consumer line of GPUs, the NVIDIA nForce™ platform processors, the NVIDIA Quadro® line of professional GPUs, as well as the full line of NVIDIA mobile processors."

daemo 02:20 26 Nov 2005

wow that's good news for me, I got a tnt2 right here!

Stuartli 08:53 26 Nov 2005

See my posting of 16:10 on Thursday...:-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5T review: Hands-on

Illustrator Andrés Lozano on his improv line work, brazen use of colours & hand sketching

iPhone X review

Comment envoyer gratuitement des gros fichiers ?