A BIT MUCH I THINK

Charla 17:44 28 Jun 2009

HELLO ALL I PURCHASED MYCOMPAQ CQ60 LAPTOP IN MARCH. FOR SOME REASON IT HAD THE VERY BASIC VISTA OS INSTALLED. I WAS AT CURRYS HERMISTON GAIT EDINBURGH TODAY. I NOTICE THAT IF A CUSTOMER HAS RECENTLY PURCHASED A LAPTOP WITH THE NEXT VISTA GRADE UP A WINDOWS 7 FREE UPGRADE IS GOING TO BE AVAILABLE. I HAVE TO SAY THAT THIS OFFER IS A BIT MUCH WHY IS IT NOT AVAILABLE TO ALL CUSTOMERS AND WHY WASN'T THE NEXT OS UP FROM BASIC INSTALLED IN MY EXPENSIVE LAPTOP.
COULD ANYBODY PLEASE SUPPLY A HIGH LEVEL COMPLAINT EMAIL ADDRESS FOR COMPAQ AND MICROSOFT

citadel 18:09 28 Jun 2009

offers change all the time, you should have known it was vista basic before you bought.

Mi Casa 18:17 28 Jun 2009

I don't think you have a reason to complain to either HP or Micro$oft!

The Compaq CQ60 as with all HP models comes in different flavours.Some have higher specs than others and can therefore support higher spec operationg systems such as Vista Home Premium,Business or Ultimate.

When you bought your laptop the specs and OS would have been clearly stated.

By the way - typing in upper case means your shouting!

GANDALF <|:-)> 18:37 28 Jun 2009

When I bought my last car the price dropped by £10,000, 6 months after I bought it. Learn to live with it. Windows 7 will provide nothing that will alter your life apart from a good caps lock bar and in any case, offers change all the time. You will be laughed out of the country if you send a letter.

G

Charla 18:44 28 Jun 2009

I know because I am "SHOUTING" why is it that on forums like this there are always those who seem to beleive that companies can be allowed to get away with mis-representation. By the way the person who claims to have £10,000 in six months must have known what rubbish he/she was buying!

"will be laughed out of the country if you send a letter" Don't think so. Curious to know if any person could tell me what the difference between basic Vista and Home premium?

laurie53 18:52 28 Jun 2009

"why is it that on forums like this"

I thought we were unique! lol

[email protected] 19:23 28 Jun 2009

How is it mis-representation? The spec is listed before you buy it and it would have stated Vista Basic.

As for the difference between Basic and Home Premium - click here.

You have no valid argument in your complaint.

papa lazarous 19:34 28 Jun 2009

Also, the Windows 7 Upgrade offer is provided by Microsoft and not Currys

Charla 19:49 28 Jun 2009

"that I know"

curofone 20:00 28 Jun 2009

You really are moaning at nothing, firstly the Compaq cq60 range is an entry level range with entry level hardware, entry level software (ie vista basic) and is at an entry level price, now it is your own fault if you did not do your research before buying a machine or did not check the spec out, the machine was cheap for a reason. If you don’t know a lot about laptops then again it is your fault for not asking someone that does know, you only have to look through this forum for god knows how many threads with people asking advice on new laptops.

As for the windows 7 upgrade, well again sorry but it is your own fault, Microsoft have hardly kept it quiet that it would be released towards the end of this year, and we all knew that a free upgrade would be available closer to the released date just like when vista was released. You cannot expect Microsoft to give a free upgrade to everyone who has a copy of vista, therefore there has to be a cutoff point when then the free upgrade will come in and you missed it, and I am guessing the reason why home basic users are not getting an upgrade is because windows 7 home basic is not being released in the uk and therefore you would either have to downgrade to Windows 7 Starter or get a further upgrade to windows 7 home premium which would not be fair on all the vista home premium users that have actually paid that bit more for vista home premium machine rather than basic.

jakimo 20:01 28 Jun 2009

Me no understand

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Microsoft Surface Book 2 hands-on review – bigger and 5x faster

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?