Bissell carpet cleaner

Teaboy 17:35 28 Mar 2011

What- ho folks,
I'm thinking of buying a Bisell deep carpet/floor cleaner

be disappointed with a vax 3 in 1 machine, which is excellent at sucking, but not much at cleaning, I'm hesitant at a further purchase if it is going to be another disappointment re cleaning.

Hence I ask if anyone has, or has tried, the Bissell for comments regarding it's usefulness.

Many thanks.

uk-wizard 17:54 28 Mar 2011

Not tried one - I hire an industrial one once a year to do my carpets. click here

chub_tor 18:18 28 Mar 2011

Had one for several years so its not the latest model which I think can heat the water tank as well. Ours you fill one large tank with warm water and another small one with the cleaning fluid. Seems to work a charm and has been passed around the family several times. Ours is similar to this one click here. Can't say that we have used it a lot but others in the family have thrashed it and have said that it does a good job.

hssutton 19:18 28 Mar 2011

I use a reconditioned ProHeat 2X Bissell direct from the company £179.90. These are like new and do a great job.

click here

ams4127 20:43 28 Mar 2011

I have the model described by chub_tor and have found it to be excellent.

One tip though...clean it thoroughly after use because the cleaning solution will turn sticky and clog the pipes if left unused for some time. Stripping it down and repairing it is not for the faint hearted. I am experienced in this task!!

Teaboy 16:46 29 Mar 2011

Thanks guys- you have convinced me. I'll go for it.

Midgetnija- cannot resist saying, "well he would wouldn't he".

He-he!

ordep 19:06 29 Mar 2011

The Bissell Healthy Home 6100e gets the thumbs up from Whitch but adds.
Cons: Heavy, noisy, roller laborious to clean if vacuuming up hair

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone