Biostar & cases qiuestions

DrunkenTechy 19:52 07 Jun 2004

anyone heard of this company? got any information?

oh and my friend just bought an Antec case, the 1000AMG. Im looking into the Lanboy.

im looking for a large case, Strong, preferably as many fans provided as possible for under £100.

ste_bla 13:20 08 Jun 2004

i know not to do with your question but what do you think about that 1000amg antec is it good or bad?? are the fans loud?? how heavy is it?? and is the sides at an angle or is that just photo??

Sorry cant answer your questions

Rayuk 18:30 08 Jun 2004

I remember Biostar being one of the first with motherboards for the SlotA Athlons,not much in the limelight of late in the UK,although there was a recommendation for their socket 754 motherboard in another mag recently.

click here

and for their barebone systems

click here

DrunkenTechy 09:53 09 Jun 2004

thanks people.

1000AMG is a brilliant case. Heavy but very very good. Strong as the come, good value.

there's my mates review.

Aspman 15:03 09 Jun 2004

I can reccommend the large Cheiftec cases from Overclockers. Not that cheap at about £80 + postage but V big and well thought out. Holders for 4 fans + one already fitted to the side panel that would blow on a VGA card. One fan holder also sits in front of the HDs blowing cold air on them. Comes with a 360W PSU.

I think the case is available from other suppliers without a PSU.

Lots of lovely colours too.

carver 09:58 10 Jun 2004

Try here click here nice selection, or here click here , or here click here ,look under hardware reviews, or another one click here ,but the best way to do it is to get a case minus the PSU then you can fit one to suite you own needs rather than finish up with an under powered PSU you have to replace. This is the one I have and very nice it is click here .

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?