Binding a document

  robsgd 16:37 05 Nov 2008

hi there
I want to get a document Saddle Stitched (stapled in the center), but instead of using 'standard' staples I want the staples that form a 'loop'at the back, so that the document can be filed. Very difficult as i don't even know what this stapling method is called. Is it a special gun that's used or a special staple?

anyone got some valuable information for me, i would much appreciate it!!

thanks Robyn

  Diemmess 17:26 05 Nov 2008

Have you asked a "friendly neighbourhood printer?"
I expect him to confirm that this is a job for selected printing or binding firms.

  iambeavis 17:43 05 Nov 2008

Stapling guide - click here

Saddle staper - click here

  wiz-king 19:21 05 Nov 2008

The type you are referring to are called loop-stitched.
It is a special machine with a tongue that has a slot cut into it to make the special staples out of wire. I could not find a small machine that would do the job.
Unless you are going to do a lot the your local printers is the best choice.

  wiz-king 19:34 05 Nov 2008

Found a cheap(ish) one! click here that will do loop-stiching.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017