Beware Amazon has a hair trigger!

Sapins 21:38 04 Jul 2005

I ordered an item to be sent to the UK. The package looked damaged but I asked for it to be sent on. Meanwhile I decided to check out the returns procedure on Amazons site just in case, I clicked through 2 pages thinking I would be able to download an address label if it needed to be sent back but before I got that far I was told they had ordered a replacement to be sent out. I contacted them by phone and later on received an e-mail saying they would try to stop the delivery of the replacement. I received the original item this morning and the replacement was also delivered to the UK address this morning. I have a post free address for the UK contact to send it back to but I must say such efficiency and speed took me completely by surprise.

I must say well done to Amazon, they certainly wasted no time, the deliveries were very quick and they have been helpful and polite as well.

So, before you even put your finger on the trigger(mouse) be careful not to click too soon.

Stuartli 13:00 05 Jul 2005

I have always found Amazon's delivery routine and, on the odd occasion I have had to return items, its after sales customer service exemplary on all counts.

Magik ®© 17:07 05 Jul 2005

I go with all that, I suppose they have not got where they are by messing the punters around..

a good company to deal with..........

grumpygramp 18:43 05 Jul 2005

I also have nothing but praise for their sales proceedures. I have always received satisfactory customer services
grumpygramp

Forum Editor 22:45 08 Jul 2005

is one of that select group of online retailers who show everyone else how it should be done. If you want to see warehouse management brought to the state of an art form, go to the Amazon complex in Milton Keynes a couple of weeks before Christmas - pure magic.

Fatbelly 23:04 08 Jul 2005

I have bought a number of goods of varying size and cost from Amazon and have always found them to be excellent.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?