Best program for photo slideshows?

ivesy 18:57 19 Oct 2005

I think the title says it all really. I've tried a demo of Nero Photoshow which seemed exactly what I was after except it's a bit hitty missy with which DVD players the completed slideshow will play on. I'd be grateful if anyone could give me any pointers to which is the best one. Cheers

Stuartli 20:19 19 Oct 2005

Try Irfanview or Google's Picassa2 - both are excellent utilities.

marjted 20:22 19 Oct 2005

Following a recommendation in one of the leading digi photo mags, I bought Proshow Gold about 18 months ago and have been delighted with it since. When I had a slight difficulty, their support line was prompt and efficient too.

The prog is downloaded from the home site and everything runs fine - on XP anyway. Various settings are possible for the final burn and I have sent finished slideshows to friends in the U.S.A and Australia with no problems running them on their DVD players.
Upgrades are free (for the first year I think)

Unreservedly recommend it.

Bapou 20:43 19 Oct 2005

Pictures to Exe, is a great little slideshow program used by amateur and professional photographers throughout the World.

One advantage with PtoE when you have created a show it can be viewed on any computer without the need for supporting software.

click here and download an example from the many available. I recommend 'Black Country' as the perfect example of what can be done.

g0nvs 22:13 19 Oct 2005

Have tried many progs but in my opinion Pro-Show Gold is far the best. Take a look here.
click here

jack 08:45 20 Oct 2005

Pro Show Gold also DVDPIxplay from click here

the iffyness of discs playing on various players is a lot to do with what the player can handle in terms of disctype CD/VCD/DVD ect.

However most modern player will run Jpegs leaded direct on the disk -not in a dedicated slide show format.
All you have to do there is to load images in a suitable editiro and remumber the images to a running order such as
001 fred and mable . 002 fred mable and marmaduke the cat -- etc., using the 3 digit system.
The images loaded on a CD will run in almost any player from the players own resources

Stuartli 11:47 20 Oct 2005

My Kiss DVD player automatically plays slideshows and, as jack points out, so do most modern units.

Irfanview and Picassa2 are both free and hugely successful - in fact Irfanview will also play your MP3 tracks...:-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Aardman's new YouTube channel to share the work of independent animators

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017