best mid-range graphics card at the minute?

Josquius 17:54 12 Jun 2010

I'm needing a new graphics card right now, I'm not stupidly rich so I won't be buying ones that cost hundreds and hundreds, the bottom end of 100 would be my max price.

Anyone who knows about this sort of thing have any recommendations at what on earth I should be looking into getting?

I've read the radeon hd 5570 is the best for the price range but then when I go and check up about that there's so many different versions of it -some expensive, some cheap, some medium, different specs, etc... I'm utterly clueless even there what is best.

Armchair 15:19 13 Jun 2010

Unless you can find a Radeon 5770 in your price range, you might consider either a Radeon 5750, or a nVidia GTS250. They're both around £90, and about equal in performance. I wouldn't get a 5570.

Is the rest of your PC any good?

carver 06:38 14 Jun 2010

Have a look here click here

donki 15:40 14 Jun 2010

If your confused by all the numbers and just want to know which ones perform well this is a handy link.

click here

Before Christmas I picked up a new AMD 4870 1GB and its happily running plays all my games on full 1080, cost me £100 :). If you look on the table you will see that it out performs alot of the newr 5 series cards.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017