best on-line company for Pc sales

iqs 20:45 24 Oct 2006

Hi,

Can anyone recommend from personal experience,a reliable Pc supplier.

I was looking at the computers available at my local Pc World,but its all Packard Bell etc.

From threads submitted via consumerwatch,there are some companies which offer very little in the way of after sale support(either not interested/un-reliable/spending weeks trying to resolve an issue).This is paramount If I buy on-line.

Please, any recommendations appreciated.

Regards,IQS

sean-278262 20:52 24 Oct 2006

Have you considered the likes of ebuyer and dabs?

click here
click here

Dabs are great. Only ever heard good things. Have a problem just call up and they will sort it out. Ok you dont get the phone support lines like you do with mesh and the likes but cuts out the messing about if the problem is genuinely a PC killer.

spuds 21:33 24 Oct 2006
  Joe R 21:33 24 Oct 2006

click here
click here
click here
click here

All of these I have found to be reliable.

Strawballs 00:12 25 Oct 2006

click here I have used them quite odten inc a barebones system and have always found the after sales good.

DrScott 00:31 25 Oct 2006

you could try an Apple?

utdred 09:48 25 Oct 2006

IQS,

from my experience I have found numerous companies fine in terms of customer service. The latest of which is click here

Service is top notch both before during and after sale. I myself like this as the nature of the market these days means that it is more common that pc retailers compete on the old price-spec comparison, so its refreshing to see an alternative approach based on quality of service, an attribute that I value highly - like yourself, particularly when buying online.

Good stuff, hope it helps

stylehurst 10:00 25 Oct 2006

Novatech gets my vote every time, I have used them for over 10 years.

iqs 23:14 25 Oct 2006

Hello all ,and thank you for all your recommendations.

Because I only live afew miles from Novatech(never heard of them before this thread),I will be paying them a visit next weekend.Hopefully I will be leaving with a bargain.

Once again thank for all your help.Regards,IQS

Chris the Ancient 10:02 26 Oct 2006

Sorry, just caught up with this thread again.

Be prepared!

Novatech gets *very* busy at the weekends and queues to be served can be a little on the l-o-n-g side. (I know coz I used to live near there as well).

Try and pop in as you pass and pick up a catalogue. Take it home and read it. It is quite safe to make a choice direct from the catalogue.

Then... You can phone their express pick-up service. (I forget the exact title.) Tell them what you want, give them your card number and then go in about an hour later. Short queue, item ready, paid and out in about 10 minutes!

Used to do that all the time - even when I bought a'barebones' for someone.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?