BEST FIREWALL + A-VIRUS MONEY CAN BUY ?

creativedmc 04:50 30 Dec 2006

Hi Folks

Was just wanting to know which firewall + AntiVirus you would all suggest as ive had previous issues with my current zone alarm firewall so when i build my new p.c in the next couple weeks id like to install it with the best security money can buy

i Do quite fancy the Kaspersky security suite , your views would be very gratefully received

THANKS A MILLION !!!!

sean-278262 05:05 30 Dec 2006

Money doesnt buy security. Zone alarm is defined as the best firewall. And AVG or Avast free are chosen by millions of people. You could go for the pay for versions of both app types and that would give you some extra layers of protection but ZA and AVG or Avast are the way to go.

sean-278262 05:06 30 Dec 2006

By money doesnt buy security. You can pay a million pounds worth of a safe but if it isnt up to the job it isnt worth the money. Nod32 is apparantly the best AV by the way but I have never heard of problems with anything else as in a lab anything can be made to be better than a rival.

season8 11:47 30 Dec 2006

Avast, AVG or ZoneAlarm.
Take your pick which one to use?

Jimmy14 12:25 30 Dec 2006

Great value for £25, click here

[email protected] 12:31 30 Dec 2006

i too have gone back to nis 2007 after a spot of disaterous experimenting with others, never had a problem with it

coreservers 12:33 30 Dec 2006

Watch where you download avg from one of the Downloads isn't avg but a trojan.
AVAST it better IMO than any pay for anti virus programmes.

Phphred 13:00 30 Dec 2006

Panda for me as it was the only one to sort my problems out click here and the price covers three computers otherwaise try SOPHOS

mymate 13:36 30 Dec 2006

AVAST .that's one program i would pay for if i had to.always updates, and its no problem.

grumpygramp 15:36 30 Dec 2006

Any Firewall or Antivirus is only as good as the person setting it up makes it. Zone Alarm and AVG are both fairly easy to set up as they have good memories, After you have told them what to accept and what to reject a few times it becomes automatic .Money does not necessarily buy the best

HighTower 15:40 30 Dec 2006

PC-Cillin suite from Trend Micro. I find Norton makes my system a bit sluggish.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?