The best company in 2006

season8 17:54 28 Dec 2006

OK so who was the best company you dealt with in 2006 & Why?

Watchful 18:00 28 Dec 2006

because they came up with the goods right on time and no hassle.

Jimmy14 18:00 28 Dec 2006

I must say that I found your 1st thread on best and worst very useful and educational to others who are considering buying from various retailers in future. I would encourage those sorts of threads. Some retailers deserve to be named and shamed.

DrScott 18:04 28 Dec 2006

because they always deliver, and their prices are very good. click here for computer components.

Also I've discovered click here Book Depository who sell books at decent prices, and have pretty good customer service.

rodriguez 18:04 28 Dec 2006

This forum doesn't really encourage name & shame type threads - even though it can be useful to point out which companies to buy and not to buy from. Anyway, click here for a forum that's dedicated to this purpose.

LastChip 18:09 28 Dec 2006

Crucial was, and still is, everything an on-line retailer should be.

You can't fault their service. They invariably deliver the next day, whether you pay for that or not, have a superb on-line engine for finding guaranteed correct memory, and their guarantee is everything they say - and more.

Crucial remains a truly World class act and the one company that everyone else should be trying to copy.

lisa02 18:34 28 Dec 2006

phones4u.

Have to be the best mobile supplier online. Next day special delivery is FREE, emails and calls are answered immediately. Prices are cheapest around... all in all superb.

Everything else I go to Amazon. Good prices, good ranges and thee best customer service. My dvd HDD recorder was a day late... with no word from them I sent an email asking politely will it be delivered tomorrow? I was assured with a yes and a refund that I didn't ask for or expect of £8.99 for delivery.

Both companies are highly recommended by me.

Forum Editor 19:02 28 Dec 2006

That may be so, but not in a thread like this, and not by one person who had a bad experience. We don't allow 'naming and shaming' because it can give an entirely false impression of a company's real performance.

If I had a bad experience with say, Crucial.com, and came here ranting about how awful they were, "never going to use them again" etc., etc., I might deter someone from using a company that consistently attracts rave reviews for the quality of its service - just because of my one bad experience.

anskyber 19:08 28 Dec 2006

Amazon. Without a doubt. I use them regularly and for me it's a 10/10 service.

I have used Crucial once and the experience of LastChip is exactly the experience I enjoyed.

VoG II 19:21 28 Dec 2006

I'm going to be controversial and suggest Savastore (aka Watford Electronics). They built exactly the PC that I ordered (apart from upgrading the case and DVD rewriter, at no extra charge, due to shortage of components). It was delivered exactly when they said it would be; it worked perfectly from day one; and it continues to do so almost a year later.

I have to agree that Amazon are also very good and I continue to purchase from them.

Crucial are second to none - I have purchased RAM from them in the past and it arrived amazingly quickly and, of course, worked - even when installed by this fumbler. I e-mailed them a couple of years ago about a possible upgrade to my daughter's Medion laptop. They were extremely helpful and did not pester me at all when Ms VoG decided not to bother.

anskyber 19:37 28 Dec 2006

Savastore, I have used them once for an external HDD, the service was spot on.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?