Best Buy on-line shopping

canarieslover 09:37 07 Jan 2011

Just had a delivery from Best Buy, the new from America store. I had selected the free delivery which did not give a time slot. I had a phone call at 8 o'clock to say, "45 mins to an hour depending on traffic." 50 mins later they were there and carried new tumble drier in and unpacked it for us. Best Buy were not only the cheapest for the item but also kept us informed via email as to when they would debit my account, ie on despatch of item, and when to expect delivery. Quite a pleasant on-line shopping experience. By the way, it was to replace a tumble dryer that had failed after 35 years, obviously not used every day but regular winter use.

birdface 16:11 07 Jan 2011

Looks like your experience was different from this one.

click here

lets hope we get some more good reports.

canarieslover 16:22 07 Jan 2011

Perhaps I was just lucky but it beat most of my on-line transactions with regard to updating information, delivery notification and also not taking the money until the goods were delivered. I hope that my experience isn't just a 'one off' and that they have learned to treat all customers in this way.

GANDALF <|:-)> 17:25 07 Jan 2011

Argos do the same.

G

spuds 17:30 07 Jan 2011

Not completing the final payment transaction before dispatch is possibly a very good thing. But had the price of the article increased, then the price that you thought was a bargain might not have applied. There was no contract up to that point, and you could have been let down.

Not taking payment before dispatch is in my opinion a very good thing, but it does have its drawbacks.

canarieslover 07:55 08 Jan 2011

GANDALF <|:-)> My last Home Delivery from Argos ended up 14 houses away. They swore that it was my next door neighbour who had taken delivery despite the fact that both my neighbours were at work all day yet I had purposefully stayed in all day. Fortunately I recognised the name and was able to collect my goods.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?