Best Buy Brands Difficult to deal with

Rounton 07:56 13 Aug 2009

We bought a camera a while ago which became faulty. It was replaced reasonably quickly, after some email discussions and small delays.

The sreplacement camera has gone faulty again - different fault.

4 emails later all I get is a response telling me how valued my custom is, and nothing else.

I too thought this was a UK company, since they have 'uk' in their address. There is no phone number to ring. Apar from trying to deal with this issue, never mind the good price, I shall not go near them again

GaT7 18:00 13 Aug 2009

Do you have a link of this 'Best Buy Brands' website please? I found one that matches, but it doesn't purport to be UK-based anyway.

If it looks too good to be true &/or offering a substantial discount compared to a UK retailer &/or you've never heard of it before, always do some thorough research before buying.

Your first port of call before purchasing anything, should be:
- a related Google search, several if you have to - a related website domain search click here
- checking for a geographical address, AND confirming that it matches with the particular company (more Googling, including Google maps)
- calling the number provided, & if none, do not buy
- inquiring in forums like PCA

Out of interest, did you contact the camera's manufacturer (if they have a UK base) about the faults? G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?