best broadband deals

struggle8 15:46 09 Oct 2003

My area has just been enabled to broadband whats the best isp to go with I know some offer free conection and modems but who`s reliable and not to exspencive or value for the money

Al94 16:14 09 Oct 2003

I have found Nildram to be very reliable and seems one of the fastest around. Costs around £23 per month for basic service. Go here click here for comparisons.

Al94 16:15 09 Oct 2003

sorry, accidentally posted wrong link. click here

wags 16:22 09 Oct 2003

Pipex are still doing a great deal at £17.57 initial charge for modem, activation and filters and £23.44 per month. click here Very good service. I was up and running in 5 working days from ordering online.

Nick2002 16:26 09 Oct 2003

I'm on PlusNet and highly recommend them - £21.99 p/m or £22.99 with your own .co.uk domain name. Both packages come with 250MB webspace, CGI, PHP, FP2000, MySQL, USENET etc.

They're very reliable and have decent customer support and some very helpful member forums.

Check 'em out at click here

Chegs ® 17:03 09 Oct 2003

I was with Pipex,all was well until I paid my money,then my connection was slower than the ISDN it replaced,Pipex ignored my protestations about lousy connection.I spent a good while on the phone to their support,waiting to get an actual human to speak to.The final straw was BT accidently switched off my phone,Pipex wanted me to cough up another £50 to re-enable the ADSL.I emailed Pipex the results from three mths of daily speedtests(never higher than 10k until after 2:00am until 5:00am)Trace Routes,etc. and they never did reply.I moved house and signed up to Eclipse Networking,had a couple of probs which Eclipse sorted within 2 days,and this week I received a call from BT asking me to logon to a couple of their servers whilst he checked out the ADSL.He also said that if my probs continue,Eclipse would arrange for an engineer to call round and check my puters hardware.I don't rate Pipex,but I would/do recommend Eclipse to folk.

canard 20:31 09 Oct 2003

Tiscali have a very tempting offer for faster mini BB than NTL at a better price [£15.99pm]with free modem and £25 installation charge.

struggle8 15:00 10 Oct 2003

thankg guys will check out the sites to see what is best for me

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

30 UK artists have created vibrant posters celebrating Pride London

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?