Belkin Surge Protector - Good Deal at Costco

georgemac 11:35 06 Jul 2004

click here this product is currently on sale at Costco for £16.44 inc VAT, which gets you protected at a very nice price.

Have not checked the price elswhere, but if it is over a tenner less than ebuyermust be a bargain. Got one yesterday. Thought I had better protect that nice new shiny wireless router/modem.

Stuartli 15:20 06 Jul 2004

QVC was selling two of them for just over £22 plus p and p the other night on Small Office Home Office...;-)

Stuartli 15:22 06 Jul 2004

My Lloydtron six-way surge protected extension lead, aimed at computer system users etc, was £7.99 about two years ago.

georgemac 16:23 06 Jul 2004

don't have qvc - it is the sky shopping channel is it not?

georgemac 18:40 06 Jul 2004

found qvc online, click here was the only similar belkin surge protector I could find, it is the series above the one I got for advanced computers/workstations but is nearly £40 + £5 postage.

£22 + postage for 2 would have been an excellent deal.

Quiller. 19:34 06 Jul 2004

I think I paid about £25 for that particular item from Argos about 6 months ago.:-(

My original comp had a spike via the modem and blew 2 hard drives, graphics card and of course the modem. I of course had no surge protector.:-(

I ordered my replacement bits, via the internet and of course forgot to order a surge protector. There was no way I was going to boot this one up without one, so the quickest, easiest and now looks like the most expensive was to buy from Argos.

Never mind at least I know I am protected now.

It can be an expensive buisiness with out one. :-)

Steve Le 20:39 06 Jul 2004

I ordered the pack of two from Q.V.C.

4 sockets in each one plus modem and T.V. connections.

Came to £52.88 for the four I ordered.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?