BE Broadband Superb Service

Lotte 12:51 06 Jan 2010

I signed up with BE in October 2009 and have been very pleasantly surprised at the level of service.

Firstly, I get consistent D/L speeds of 15-16 Mbps and U/L speed 1.03 Mbps.

Secondly, when I joined the offer included a £25 Amazon voucher. This was delayed from November to December. No problem I thought. They emailed saying that because of the delay I would be given three weeks free service!!

It was my birthday yesterday and they sent an email wishing me happy birthday and a free day as a present.

This is how customer should be.

If you're thinking of changing ISP check them out. (and no I'm not connected with them in any way)

GaT7 17:55 06 Jan 2010

Good to hear :-).

I'm with O2 BB (BE's main/sister company) & cannot recommend them enough.

For next time, keep in mind there may be cashback to be had as well click here & click here (only one cashback amount can be claimed). At the moment O2's cashback is much better though click here & click here. G

wags 18:30 06 Jan 2010

I agree 100% Lotte. I had also signed up to the £25 Amazon deal and because of the delay in emailing the voucher was given 3 weeks free service!

Their support is excellent. Using the web based ticketing is very efficient. I am a gamer, so a low ping is important and I was switched to fastpath (gamer mode) within hours of me making the request. This dropped my ping to a steady 13-15ms and has been rock solid ever since.

O2 (which uses the same service) would have been cheaper (especially as I have an O2 mobile) but they will not enable fastpath. For non-gamers O2 is a great deal, especially if Crossbow7's links are used.

Input Overload 18:49 06 Jan 2010

Noted!

GaT7 19:19 06 Jan 2010

"O2 (which uses the same service) would have been cheaper (especially as I have an O2 mobile)"

That's true. They give a £5 discount each month if one's an O2 mobile (contract/PAYG) customer.

If on PAYG, one needs to top-up their mobile with a minimum of £10 every quarter to maintain the £20 BB discount over the same quarter. That still works out £10 cheaper (over a quarter) than if one didn't own a PAYG O2 mobile!

They even send one a reminder email & text to make this top-up (if it's lapsing) in order to receive the discount over the following quarter :-), G

KremmenUK 07:20 07 Jan 2010

O2 for me as well.

Better speeds as they are LLU plus they have a UK 24x7 free helpline.

nuff said :)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

11 best portfolio websites for designers and artists

Office for Mac buying guide: Price, Office 2017 rumours & new features

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?