Bargain Alert!!!

2drewej 18:02 06 Sep 2008

just went into my local tesco extra and found a bit of a bargain... to bad i cant buy it though seeing as ive just bought a new pc :(

they are selling for £399....

an acer 22" monitor with v high resolution
quad core q6600
500gb hdd
BLURAY drive!
3gb ram
vista premium
all branded acer

the only negative is the nvidia built in graphics..but still fine for anything but gaming. :)

but still a total bargain!!

canarieslover 18:23 06 Sep 2008

Tesco have now spotted their mistake and the website gives the price as £498 and a comment that the 'Back to school' leaflet has incorrect information.

2drewej 18:30 06 Sep 2008

well i thought it was a bit cheap! if i went into my tesco's though i could still purchase it for £399..

Newuser38 20:47 06 Sep 2008

I saw it today and the box has handwritten on it 'Monitor not included'

dagbladet 23:41 07 Sep 2008

"if i went into my tesco's though i could still purchase it for £399"

How?

brindly 15:06 08 Sep 2008

I don't think so. There is no law which states they would have to sell it to you at that price.

2drewej 18:32 13 Sep 2008

because the box did not say monitor not included!!

it was just £399 for the monitor and pc in one box... i dont know if tesco forgot to correct the mistake in this certain store?

tullie 18:53 13 Sep 2008

You would still have to pay correct price unless you got it cheaper as a good will gesture.

Salut 19:42 13 Sep 2008

Bad news I'm afraid.

All pricing in shops are classed as'an offer to treat.' The bargain is confirmed at the point of sale and the contract completed with the exchange of consideration (ie money or whatever).

At the point of sale, any shop can refuse the marked price and ask for an alternative. Obviously it would not go down too well with the consumer if there were frequent discussions at the point of sale as to the actual price.

The rule however prevents the shop being held to an incorrect price, though nowadays you may argue your point from the goodwill standpoint.

With some cheek, I frequently ask, 'is this your best price'. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, but worth a try all the same.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?