Ballicom International

octal 20:34 03 Jul 2007

I just wanted to give a bit of positive feedback on this company. Four weeks ago I bought a tower and LCD 17" monitor from them:
Sempron 3400+/2GHz
Foxconn AMD64 754pin
1GB DDR Memory
Geforce FX5200 128MB
DVD ROM
DVDRW 16X Dual Layer
250GB SATA HD
Keyboard
Optical mouse

All delivered on time. Just one small problem, they forgot to connect the SATA drive to the motherboard, a quick call to them and the cable arrived the next day, to be fair I didn't want any software because I wanted to put Linux on it, so they couldn't test it without software.

So well done Ballicom, very helpful and friendly.

spuds 20:45 03 Jul 2007

Depending on the price paid, I would think that simple quality control checks were missing, if a cable had been left out. What would have happened if the person purchasing the computer system was not computer savvy, or opening the case voided the warranty. Back to base and more delays possibly?.

octal 20:54 03 Jul 2007

They did offer to get it collected, but I explained I was quite happy fitting a cable if they would send one which they did, if I wasn't computer savvy I would have had an operating system installed, yes?

The price £354 including the monitor. There don't appear to be too many companies willing to supply boxes without Vista or XP installed, unless you want to go to a lot of trouble explaining on the telephone what you want, plus you can select the components and software you want.

wiz-king 05:39 04 Jul 2007

I hope it does not live up to its name *grin*
That ... Balli Com(puter)! Sounds like a swear word.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse draws on iconic heritage for a fresh brand identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans échec ?