Bad webhost

crazyj 16:01 05 Sep 2005

A few weeks ago I posted a message on these forums regarding my unreliable webhost. Now I am extremly angry at the fact that the web hosting that I purchased off of ebay has now stoped working and the person who I purchased it off of has canceled his ebay account (roth387) and I think he (or she, I just do not Know) has created another account under the name of rockethosting (I know this because the adresses that I have found relating to them both correspond). I have just looked back at the feedback given to roth387 and many people have ammended there feedback to say the same has happened to them. Is there any way that I can contact ebay and make them ban him and anyone else registering from that address automatickly.

spuds 16:32 05 Sep 2005

If you look at eBay you will find that they have a 'contact us' link, plus there is also a 'dispute link'. You can also get good advice by using the community forum. Did you not notice any of these provisions!.

crazyj 16:34 05 Sep 2005

have you looked at the rocket hosting site it is terrible???

crazyj 16:51 05 Sep 2005

I emailed the email address on the rocket hosting website saying :"How can you afford to keep your prices so low???

--
From Jamie"

just to see what name was used in the reply and I got a response from "Greg" this time not "Andrew" alough they seem to point to the same person.

I might be totaly wrong about this whole thing but I just dont want anyone else being ripped off by this person.

pj123 17:05 05 Sep 2005

Have you got any links to support your statement???

crazyj 17:06 05 Sep 2005

what do you mean??

pj123 17:41 05 Sep 2005

What is the website address? What is the category where this hosting service is being sold on eBay? etc...

Gaz 25 12:41 06 Sep 2005

check this click here

crazyj 15:38 06 Sep 2005

Links supporting my theory

"Andrew Roths" address:

1 grey fell close
stanmore
middlesex
HA7 3DQ

click here
click here
click here
click here

pj123 15:53 06 Sep 2005

Yep, looks like eBay has sussed him out. He is suspended.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Photoshop CC 2018 released with new Curvature Pen and better brush tools

Camera tips to take better iPhone photos

Les meilleures applications de covoiturage 2017