Bad sound quality (delay) using skype - help

LeadWeight 22:23 01 Feb 2006

While using skype I am having problems with the sound quality at my contacts end. When I speak at my end there is a 'long' delay before my voice comes through at the other end and it is of a pretty low sound quality. This makes having a conversation impossible as by the time my voice comes through on the other end the other person has repeated himself several times which I respond to which gets even more confusing.
I hope someone knows a possible reason for this. I am using a desktop mic along with desktop speakers.

Stuartli 00:43 02 Feb 2006

It's using the speakers that's probably the cause - they can be picked up by the mike.

Go to:

click here

for advice on setting up the sound.

You'd be better using a headset with a mike.

peonfilms 05:07 02 Feb 2006

I get the same problem with my set-up Leadweight. Both me and my friend use headsets...no speakers. However my friend has a dial-up connection and i have broadband: so this might be the problem. When i call his mobile/landline using Skypeout there's virtually no delay.

LeadWeight 06:57 02 Feb 2006

I have already looked on the skype site for help but can not find a resolution for this issue. I would like to clarify that I am experiencing this delay problem when I use Skypeout to dial landlines.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Adobe shows still-in-development tools, including automatically colourising black-and-white photos

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?