Back up

Confab 15:17 23 Feb 2006

I’ve recently purchased a new PC and I’ve uninstalled all of the “useless software” that came with it (you know the free 60 day trial stuff, ISP shortcuts and the like) and I’ve installed software that I’m familiar with.

I have a spare 40GB hard drive which I fitted into a caddy and used it to transfer some of my “old” files to my new PC. What I now want to do is to wipe the 40GB drive and use it as a back up drive. Ideally I want to be able to transfer everything to this drive, the O/S, software, drivers, the lot – a sort of snap shot of the PC as it is now so that if something goes wrong I can just restore the computer from the backup on the external drive. Having a system restore CD is fine but this will take the PC back to how it was when I purchased it and I don’t want to go through the uninstalling software and installing software process again.

So the point to my post is this - can anyone recommend a program that will do this for me. Something like Drive Image I think it’s called or Ghost. Also for those who use these programs what is you experience of them?

Thanks in advance

rmcqua 15:56 23 Feb 2006

Acronis True Image
click here

Confab 16:51 23 Feb 2006

Thanks

Just seen this thread as well. click here I will certainly buy it.

Confab

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?