avoid pre-payment credit card from phone4u

habs 22:32 08 Aug 2010

hi everyone

nearly 2 weeks ago i went to phones4u store in oxford street branch,and asked the saleswomen about pre-payment card to be able to use it abroad.

i am buying this card for my wife ,as she is abroad visiting her family.

She gave me wrong card .2 days later i went to phones4u branch in harrow,and explained what had happened,they returned the card back and sold me the correct card.

i went home to register and activate the card,to my biggest shock,they told me because the credit limit is £3000.00,i have to bring my wife's passport,bank statement.and any bill in her name.

she called the bank asking for bank statement,they told her because your account is saving account,we can't provide you with bank statement.

yesterday,me and my wife went to phones4u branch in Harrow,spoke to customer services,explained everything to the person in the other side.

he told me that i have to send the bill in my wife's name by post to phones4u customer services address to check that ,in that moment,i got completely frustrated,and cancelled everything.

i went to o2 website,and bought prepayment card (load and go) from o2 website,it works like breeze.

now i have to wait 5-10 working days to receive the card.

i will never ever buy from phones4u again.

please think twice if you want to buy prepayment card from phones4u.

bye and have a very nice day

Forum Editor 18:24 09 Aug 2010

in blaming phones4u because you were unable to comply with their terms and conditions. They made an initial error, but it was rapidly corrected, and all would have been well, had you been able to supply the proofs of identity they required. You weren't able to do that, so you cancelled your transaction.

Warning others to avoid dealing with a company because you weren't able to provide adequate proof of identity is just silly.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone