AVG

zarobian 08:58 25 Nov 2006

Why AVG thinks that I am tryng to install AVG Free 7.5 on a WorkStaton? Is it beacuse I am using WindowsXP Pro?. The messege is appearing on my computer since yesterday and asking for a valid licence number. I have been using AVG Free for a year or so when I got rid of Norton 2005.

Comments would be much appreciated.

'Z'

Hertz Van Rentyl 09:23 25 Nov 2006

If you open the test centre and click information you can see what has been installed,should have the licence key in there as well.

freaky 10:44 25 Nov 2006

I don't think you will have a licence key unless you have the paid version.

AVG is only free to home users, as zarobian has WindowsXP Pro then AVG thinks it is a non-home PC hence the message.

Alternately, when you upgraded from AVG 7.1 to 7.5 did you follow the installation instructions ?

gudgulf 11:01 25 Nov 2006

I have XP-pro.......and AVG 7.5 free installs without problem.

There are a lot of home users with XP-pro.

AVG free normally has a "free" licence that is automatically inserted on installation.

Are you sure you downloaded the correct version?

zarobian 17:42 25 Nov 2006

Thanks for the quick responses.

I could not go beyond the said Message and was unable to go to Test Centre.Tried to unistall no joy. I therefore restored my a week's older Acronis Image and unistall AVG from there. Downloaded a fresh copy of AVG 7.5 and carefully read all info. Reinstall and a free lincence was displayed.

Thanks again for guidence.

'Z'

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?