ATI Radeon 9700/9700Pro and Multivision

gdawg 16:37 24 Feb 2003

I've just looked at the Multivision website and discovered that every mention of the ATI Radeon 9700 Pro with their systems has been changed to Radeon 9700 - without reducing the system prices!? Now, I was considering buying one of their systems (despite reading some nasty customer service/delivery stories on various forums, and their lack of response to my e-mail enquiries!!) , and you can call me fussy but I wanted the Pro card for my hard earned cash -Evesham and Mesh, two of the other well respected companies (perhaps not so much now, if these forums are anything to go by! ;-) ) from whom I was considering a system, don't offer them (except for one system at Mesh) as an option. To me this seems like a step back from Multivision. Can someone tell me why these companies don't have the Pro when most other manufacturers do??? Even as an upgrade?

And can anyone give a good view on the difference between the cards - will a cheaper, faster (eg the R350) card be available before I can notice the difference of the Pro over the non-Pro?

Thanks

kiter 16:43 01 Mar 2003

Last week I have ordered a new PC from EVESHAM and was assured in writing that a 9700 PRO card will be fitted - I just have to wait now.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone