ashampoo ?

aine 19:04 14 Feb 2007

By email I was offered ashampoo winoptimizer 3 for £4.99plus a cd of the same for £5.99, on submitting the required correspondence.I received an email from Coverbridge/ashampoo saying the offer was not good enough, the email said purchase, not offer bid. I have sent 4 emails to them concerning the mis-selling of these goods, as of yet no reply has been forthcoming. Is this company misrepresenting its goods?

bluto1 19:12 14 Feb 2007

I`ve used Ashampoo products,purchased directly on line, and have found the company to be honest and straightforward in their dealings. You said you were offered these goods by email. I suspect that the people making the offer were not Ashampoo. Who is Coverbridge?

GaT7 19:25 14 Feb 2007

It looks like you've been swindled as bluto1 suspects. NEVER reply to/follow links in emails with offers of discounted software, unless they're from the company who actually makes the sofware.

I've also used Ashampoo products in the past with no problems. 3 of the programs are going free at the moment:

* Ashampoo Burning Studio 2007 click here
* Ashampoo Photo Commander 3.5 click here
* Ashampoo WinOptimizer Platinum 2 click here

G

aine 19:37 14 Feb 2007

coverbridge should read cleverbridge the link crossbow gave is the same as the email, now the offer is £3.99 aim I still being swindled?

bluto1 19:49 14 Feb 2007

I`ve not come across `cleverbridge` before.
I suggest you get in touch with Ashampoo on this link [email protected] and tell them of your concerns. It`ll take them a day or two to answer.
Do you buy or subscribe to PC Advisor magazine?
The December CD/DVD has Ashampoo Winoptimiser 2007 on with 6 months free updates. I`d hazard a guess that you wouldn`t get all 6 months now, but at least you could try it.
Give me a shout if you haven`t got it or cannot get it. You can have my copy.

GaT7 20:08 14 Feb 2007

Yeah, sorry at first it did look like a swindle, but I think it's fine - see screenshot click here (the circled bits)

What I do not understand is your statement: "on submitting the required correspondence.I received an email from Coverbridge/ashampoo saying the offer was not good enough, the email said purchase, not offer bid." - I think you have to actually pay for the purchase on the next screen (of the above webpage). Have you paid for it but not received anything? G

bluto1 20:17 14 Feb 2007

I think you`re right

aine 20:28 14 Feb 2007

thanks for your speedy replies, I filled in all the details on the purchase application form and submitted it, they then came up with a page saying the offer would be considered, to follow came an email stating the offer was not good enough would i like to increase my offer or they would not proceed with the purchase. 4 emails have been sent, no replies

GaT7 20:37 14 Feb 2007

Are you sure that's a 'purchase application' page?

I get a secure (https) Shopping Cart page where I have to enter all my details including credit card info. I would go along with the process to see where it leads, but I don't want my card to be billed when I press the 'Next' button at the bottom! G

bluto1 23:04 14 Feb 2007

I think I know what it is, and you`ll tell me if it`s not aine. I think it`s an offer that Ashampoo put out frequently asking you to make an offer for some of their goods. I get this at least once a month. Am I right aine?

GaT7 23:20 14 Feb 2007

That's an odd one bluto1! I've never come across this practice before.

What I don't get is why does one have to make a bid, when one can visit Ashampoo (via the link at click here) & instantly purchase the same product for exactly the same price!? G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?