Aria At It Again

global-killer 08:49 15 Jul 2007

My Daughter bought a 32" LCD TV from Aria back in November 06. It has now developed a fault and they do not seem to want to know.

Had to phone them on there 60p a minute rip off line to customer services. Got the usual promises of will sort it out, but nothing has happened.

They were supposed to be collecting it for repair on Monday 9/07/2007 by courier but no one arrived.

On a second phone call was told to return it to the manufactures, but under sale of Goods Act the contract is with Aria who sold the item.

Will contact Aria again Monday 16/07/2007 to find out why nothing has happened.

Will post back upon next chapter after re-contact.

Probabilitydrive 10:36 15 Jul 2007

click here
Sound advice courtesy of the FE.

spuds 14:58 15 Jul 2007

If the issue is getting difficult to resolve, then contact the credit card or finance company (if paid by that means) or click here for further help and advice.

Sending the item for repair, and dealing with the manufacturer may be a fast solution, but never do this on your own back, as it will limit your consumer rights. If there are no further options, because the supplier doesn't have the necessary facilities, then get their written approval first, before contemplating you next move.

global-killer 13:49 21 Jul 2007

The Saga continues:

Aria sent a courier to pick up TV for repair, only prob was they went to my other daughters address in Norfolk instead of Nottingham.

After 2 other promised collections to the right address which never happened, they finally did collect it on Fri 20/07/2007.

Will see how long it takes to repair and return.

Will keep you advised.

global-killer 08:32 11 Aug 2007

To keep Updated on events, TV not yet returned as of 11/8/07.

Trackrat 18:16 14 Aug 2007

After having problems with aria myself which left me out of pocket, I will never use them again.
As this was the first time I had a problem with them I tried to give them the benefit of the doubt, but after using there e-mail service and getting no where, I to had to use there rip of phone line.

global-killer 16:46 15 Aug 2007

More Fun.

Got an Email saying no fault on TV, but 3 days before got a phone call from them saying they will have the spares in to repair it shortly.

I can only assume the spares they ordered were were for the Space Shuttle, probably new tiles.

AHHHHHHHH.....

Will keep readers informed how it goes.

global-killer 20:47 23 Aug 2007

Update on events:
As of 23/08/07 still no TV back.

robbiepaul79 11:20 24 Aug 2007

jeez and i was going to buy a tv from them as well seeing the one i want from ebuyer is out of stock

global-killer 17:10 27 Aug 2007

TV arrived back on Fri 24/08/07.

My daughter hasn't had time to try it yet due to work commitments, but hopes to do so tommorow Tues.

Will do a closing report when condition is known.

global-killer 21:00 29 Aug 2007

Ah Well....

Final report.

Have checked TV today Wed 29th August and appears after a 1 hour run
to be working ok.

While the item is now back, I don't think I will be buying any capital cost items from them in the future, due to there poor aftersales service.

Will probably still buy low cost items though, as there prices I think on certain things are very good.

Internet companies would do a lot better if they were not so totally consumed with the new sales aspect, and spent a bit more time looking after existing customers.
After all repeat orders are easy sales, and word of mouth can be a positive boost or a killer depending on how they are treated.

While the views expressed above are mine, I wonder how many others are of the same opinion.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?