Aria are price fixing

Killo Bite 14:41 16 Mar 2007

when buying from Aria they seem to have a problem with what prices they charge when buying 5 or more items.

They offer single price and discount when buying 5 or more items. Be it online or over the counter. One aria counter sales guy replied "it depends on the day how we feel to who gets a discount when buying 5 or more items" er can they do this ?

Ok, bought 5 items the other day and was told the cost which was £14.75 over what it should have been cos I was getting 5 of x and 5 of x items.

I questioned the the price but they insisted the price was correct. It wasn't I even got confirmation from other aria employee that I was charged wrong but it was out of his hands.

As I was desperate for the items I had no option as they were not available anywhere else I could get them quicker.

So if shopping with Aria, please check your prices when getting 5 or more items they seem to charge more than they actually advertise.

So, with being ripped off, I paid on Visa card is there anything I can do ? Called my bank they said no apart from they will send a form.

silverous 14:48 16 Mar 2007

I think you need to be a bit careful about accusations of "price fixing". i.e.

"Price fixing is an agreement between business competitors to sell the same product or service at the same price"

Any discounts given are surely up to the sales person in the same way that if you and I both buy a car the price could be discounted differently depending on a number of factors.

I'm a bit unclear....What was the advertised price for the items you bought and is that what you paid? If the price came up more then I would imagine it should be corrected. If they are stating that it is policy to charge more than the advertised price then that probably isn't legal.

Killo Bite 15:05 16 Mar 2007

when buying 5 items or more you get a discounted price well suppose to. But they charge the single price of a item x5 so making it more cost and no discount.

As I said the guy admitted what and how they charge. If you see a price for a item advertised and its been sold for more then this carn't be legal.

Go and buy a car which is advertised for say £15k and get charged £16k and they say depends how we feel on the day.

Reason for buying more than 5 items is to get a better deal.

Killo Bite 15:05 16 Mar 2007

when buying 5 items or more you get a discounted price well suppose to. But they charge the single price of a item x5 so making it more cost and no discount.

As I said the guy admitted what and how they charge. If you see a price for a item advertised and its been sold for more then this carn't be legal.

Go and buy a car which is advertised for say £15k and get charged £16k and they say depends how we feel on the day.

Reason for buying more than 5 items is to get a better deal.

silverous 16:00 16 Mar 2007

Their site is certainly a bit odd - I just randomly added 5 of the same product to a basket.

The first one appears to be discounted, the rest are at a higher price!

The price you are going to pay is clear on the site in total so I can't see how it is illegal in that sense - are you buying on a site or in the shop? I don't see how "depends how we feel on the day" applies when you are deeling with a website that does not have feelings.

Their pricing is certainly a bit odd and perhaps confusing, not sure about illegal.

silverous 16:02 16 Mar 2007

Although, if you look at FAQ you can see:

"Web Super Specials are limited to one per order unless marked as a multi buy item. A price change generally occurs when two web super special items have been selected in the same order. "

So - they don't want you to buy 5 at a special price. They give you the first one at that price and the rest you pay the 'usual' price.

Seems a bit twisted logic to me as you normally get a discount for buying more of something but their pricing policy is up to them.

Killo Bite 16:33 16 Mar 2007

my problem with them. Super Specials are in their own catogory on the website. The Website prices are the same over the counter apart from mail order costing ontop.

My sale I am talking about is over the counter and the prices on the website reflect the over the counter sales.

You don't get discount buying mail order only if they are stated as special offers a bit like scans "Today Only" offers.

Special offers/super specials are limted and do not reflect on my problem.

As my purchases are in bulk to get the lower cost.

Killo Bite 19:16 16 Mar 2007

just left out of pocket.

spuds 19:37 16 Mar 2007

At the end of the day, the seller doesn't have to sell you anything. They advertise or display an item which is an 'offer', you agree on the price and when that agreement is confirmed either in writing and/or verbally then the mutual contract as been accepted.

Unless of course, you can prove 'Unfair Contract'.

Killo Bite 22:44 16 Mar 2007

ok, I lost out but I am just here to warn others if buying anything from them when they say if you buy 5 or more you get them at x price. My point is mainly check your getting the price you see cos they don't stick to it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017