argos terms

adamagain 23:22 08 Nov 2008

i see in argos it says if you buy and have the item posted you have the right to return the item if you simply change your mind
But it say for on line payments

If i go into the store and order a item that says home delivery only but pay in store does this still have the same right as if i ordered on line

thanks

rdave13 00:01 09 Nov 2008

I find that with Argos if you change your mind about a product and the parcel is unopened then they will refund you no questions asked, so long as you retained the receipt.
Fair enough I think.

MAJ 00:03 09 Nov 2008

You're probably referring to the Distance Selling Regulations, which gives you 7 days to return an item and receive a full refund no matter what the reason for rejection. You get that option when buying something online because you haven't had the chance to view the item first-hand. If the item is not available for viewing in-store, then I would suspect that you still have that right.

adamagain 00:53 09 Nov 2008

MAJ
Thats what i was hoping
It says in the cat that this item is for home delivery only so i would assume you cant view it in the store when you pay for it

So can you try the item out etc and use it or just look and return if its not suitable
thanks

Forum Editor 09:01 09 Nov 2008

you are buying under the protection of the distance selling regulations as far as I'm concerned - the fact that the catalogue happens to be in a shop makes no difference. You have no opportunity to inspect the goods before paying, and should therefore have the right to return under the 7 day rule - no questions asked.

MAJ 09:22 09 Nov 2008

... those exceptions can be viewed if you click here

Scorpion Bay 12:53 09 Nov 2008

The company will give you 30 days to try the item out in your own home. There are very few stores that you can go and view furniture...currently only Mill Hill and Cardiff Bay have some selected items in store (I'm making the assumption that you are talking about a sofa or some such item).

If you aren't happy with the sofa within 30 days, then go into your local store to arrange collection and a refund, but bear in mind the refund won't be given to you till the item is back in Argos Direct's warehouse. The item has to fulfill the same conditions as everything else, ie, be in it's original, undamaged condition.

If it's white goods that you're talking about, then it's slightly different, as they're exempted from this 30 day guarantee, make sure to check the catalogue before you buy.

Hope this helps

oresome 17:57 09 Nov 2008

Browsing through the on-line catalogue, there certainly seems to be a lot of products that are excluded from their 30 day money back guarantee.

I've looked at cameras, electric drills, sat-navs, dab radios, TV recorders and bath taps to name but a few that are excluded.

Hygiene and safety are given as the reason.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?