Argos substitutes a lesser spec TV for the same

Ge-orge 20:59 25 Oct 2009

price.

I went to buy an LG 22 inch TV, 1680 x 1050 resolution with 3 x HDMI ports. Model Number 22LG3050 click here

What they tried to give me was an LG 22 inch TV, 1366 x 768 resolution with just 1 HDMI port. 22LG3100

At the till the lady did say the TV may be substituted with a similar model but to me that's far off similar.

morddwyd 08:27 26 Oct 2009

"the TV may be substituted with a similar mode"

I've never heard of such a thing except on some sort of one off offer.

If I buy a white shirt I don't expect it to be replaced by a cream one.

Do you have a record of what you ordered, and paid for?

Ge-orge 08:37 26 Oct 2009

I didn't pay for it. She told me at the till and I responded with "let see the box first". She brought it out and I had a look.

The only proof I have is a ticket for 'customer viewing' where she wrote the model number down for me to go and find the spec (as she coudln't provide it) before I made the purchase. Having now seen the spec it isn't worth £229.

peugeot man 08:57 26 Oct 2009

I suggest you Email details to Argos customer services, everyone makes mistakes and it could be an incorrect substitute has been chosen by their buying team.

I have had a number of substitute products from Argos in the past and they have always been better spec than the original. It does sound like they got it wrong on this occasion.

I doubt it would be a deliberate attempt to sell you a lesser product.

Let them know and see what response you get

Arnie 11:05 26 Oct 2009

Look at this LG 22LH2000 spec. at John Lewis. A free 5 year guarantee & free delivery for £279.
It may suit your needs.

click here

Also, if there is a Richer Sounds shop near you, have a look at their stock. They only add 10% of the set’s cost for a 5 year guarantee.
They cover in home service for sets over 32 inch screens, otherwise return to your local store.

Check an LG example here.

click here

Incidentally, the Argos set you mentioned costs £287.98 with only a 3 year guarantee. IMHO, not such a bargain).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Microsoft Surface Book 2 hands-on review – bigger and 5x faster

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?