Argos - Excellent Service

jja244 11:15 14 Jan 2011

Bought an Acer laptop for my grandson's Christmas. Very good price, nice computer. Unfortunately the DVD drive failed a couple of weeks later. Went back to Argos - not a problem, change it for another one. Picked one out the catalogue and they told me they would reserve it for 10 days rather than the normal 2 as I told them I would pack it up etc in the original box (I don't live near an Argos store). Had a look online when I got home and saw a different one (not in the catalogue) with a better spec for the same price. Phoned them up and asked if I could reserve that one instead. Again not a problem and they would reserve it for 10 days again. Picked it up yesterday. Brilliant service.

canarieslover 11:50 14 Jan 2011

You really find out how good a supplier is when things go wrong. Some put in the effort to keep a customer happy whereas others take the 'I've got your money and don't really want to bother myself any more' attitude.

KremmenUK 13:12 14 Jan 2011

Argos are good with returns.

I mistakenly bought a small Wharfedale TV for the bedroom.

After 11 months one of the bank of Freeview channels refused to work or retune.

They took it back and gave a full refund without issue.

Menzie 16:50 14 Jan 2011

Argos has been excellent which is why I use them again and again.

I bought one of those self-setting Alarm clocks early 2010 and about 5 months later it stopped working (no display), a quick trip to my local branch and they exchanged it for another model that was the same price (didn't feel comfortable getting the same make again).

Big L 266 10:26 15 Jan 2011

Hello.

jja244....I think that yours is a great story of how this fine store has a customer service policy which has to be the envy of many. In recent times,I had to take back a cheap mp3 player which wouldn't work and this was exchanged without any problem whatsoever. My friend had to take back a brand new mobile phone which had developed problems and this to was exchanged without any fuss.

This store really is a breath of fresh air and a rare pleasure to wobble into for many of my purchases.With a customer service policy that I truly admire,it puts into shame other high street retailers whose equivalent policies are indeed extremely shameful and appalling.

I'm relly glad to have read your thread this morning.It makes a change to see praise for a firm like Argos.

Big L 266

proudfoot 13:16 16 Jan 2011

I have found Customer service in store to be patchy,do not know the legislation etc., but at head office to be excellent.
I had a tubed TV in the bedroom a few years a go that failed. It was only about 18 months old out of guarantee and little used.
A replacement of similar value was made and is still going strong in another room.

spuds 09:35 17 Jan 2011

Like others, I can only recommend on results, and Argos always seems to be at the top in customer service and relations.

A year or so ago, we had a large home delivery item. The driver was having problems with delivery time keeping, so he kept us fully informed as to the delay. You cannot ask for better than that. Saves wasting time, wondering if you are getting the goods that day, as arranged.

Another point that I find with Argos, if an item as a promotion attached to it, but it is not listed, then the staff will usually refer you to the promotion. Other companies may never seem to bother?.

I have also found the Argos Clearance outlet on eBay, very good.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?