Argos are ahead of them selves or are they?

jack 12:24 09 Oct 2010

Having -E-ordered a big ticket item from Argos last Sunday- the response was - 'We will contact you on the 5th of November to fix a delivery day.
I reasoned well they cannot keep stock all largish furniture- they must act as agents and get stuff in when ordered - fair enough
It gives me time to prepare where it is going to go -I thought.
Last night I was phoned by an automated system to tell my they will deliver next Wednesday-
Good? no Bad- in fact I had to put off they day until Thursday 21.
Now I will have to get my skates on to get the room sorted.

spuds 14:53 09 Oct 2010

I know we are into internet shopping, but being fortunate to have a number of Argos stores within easy travelling distance, I find that its far simpler to call in at a store and do all the arranging there. They have never let me down yet, in fact the delivery driver with a recent larger purchase was running late, and he phoned and apologised, and still managed to deliver within the hour specified.

In fact I felt very sorry for the driver. His depot was 70 miles away, he had already made quite a number of deliveries, covering four counties, with quite a few more after mine, and then had to return to his depot for loading the next days items. Pure stress!.

jack 10:53 10 Oct 2010

The item - is listed - home delivery only - the stores dont keep it- too big and as I stated - possibly not stocked any simply called in on demand from wholesaler/importer
Certainly no complaint either about the promised delivery except to upset my plans by being ahead of themselves.

spuds 12:17 10 Oct 2010

Home delivery only can be arranged from any Argos store,with day, time etc agreed on the spot. Or at least thats what always happens with me.

We have a large Argos distribution depot about 14 miles away, but the last delivery was from a depot 70 miles away, with the driver delivering other items en-route, over four counties.When the driver had delivered the recent item, his next port of call was 30 miles away, which made the distance from his depot even further. As I said, not a job for me,Pure stress!.

jakimo 13:37 10 Oct 2010

I have used both methods of ordering heavy or large goods from Argos.

When it comes to internet orders with home delivery Argos are second to none,they even phone to tell you they are on the way.

different story when you collect something very heavy or large from the store loading bay,no-one knows what to do with your paperwork, where your order is and no box to put it in ,and you have to load your vehicle yourself,if its heavy or large then get it delivered.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?