are there dual channel wireless headphones

big bella 09:03 09 Jan 2006

please forgive me if i'm posting this in the wrong forum/site. i've got this neighbour that needs some info about wireless headphones.her husband is a little deaf and she wants to know whether there were any wireless headphones that he could put on and adust to his required level and so that she could still listen to the tv at normal volume. the ones she's seen plug into the tv jack socket but that just knocks off the sound for her. is there such a thing out there? like a dual channel thig, or something like that. i said i'd try and find out for her. but me thinks it's time the old boy got an hearing aid. but there's no harm in asking everyone first.

thanks

wjrt 12:16 09 Jan 2006

click here

or google RNID and see if they can help ,
Royal National Institute for the Deaf.

DieSse 13:50 09 Jan 2006

If the sound is cancelled by plugging into the headphone socket (all TVs don't operate like this - mine doesn't, and even has independant volume controls for the TV and the headphone socket.) - then you could connect the headphnes via a SCART socket on the rear of the TV.

If there's an empty SCART which does output (all SCART don't do outputs - all do input, and some do output) - then a SCART socket with twin audio outputs can be readily purchased - and the headphones can be connected to it with a suitable adapter. If all SCARTS are in use, then you need a normal SCART which also has the outgoing audio broken out to connectors. If you can't find one, then a friendly technician can readily modify a standard cable for you.

I suggest you hie yourself to a local TV shop that has repair facilities, tell them what you need, and they should be able to sort you out.

amonra 16:11 09 Jan 2006

WJRT (above)has given you good advice. My sister who is deaf has these headphones which plug into the scart socket and they are fantastic ! Contact your local RNID branch they may even provide them free.

big bella 12:10 12 Jan 2006

thanks guy's, problem sorted.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?