Are Currys delaying customer refunds

NotCurrys 14:31 09 Oct 2017

Are Currys holding on to and delaying customer refunds. In my case they seam to me to be doing just this.

I bought an item online and Currys agreed to collect it as it wasnt as described and didnt fit my needs. It to 8 days to get the collection and I was told that I would get a refund within 3-5 days. Unfortunately that didnt happen so, I tried to complain: - I tried to raise a PayPal claim but the email supplied to contact Currys on the PayPal site doesnt exist so email returned. - so I phoned Currys to complain, as soon as the customer services person takes my order number she tells me I have an immediate email agreeing to make a refund, but this is over 20 days since I purchased, and 11 days after Currys picked up the item. - So dont delay in making that complaint because Currys may not do anything about your refund until you complain like me.

Personally I think this is - at the least just bad customer service - at worst maybe Currys are trying to increase their cash flow by holding on to customers money.

poor show Currys

john bunyan 15:55 09 Oct 2017

In late 2016 Currys failed to meet a delivery promise on a larder fridge; I cancelled the online order but it took about a month and contact with their Head office to get the money back. Have never ordered online from them again.

Lorraine Baines-McFly 18:37 09 Oct 2017

Check out their Facebook Visitors Posts Page. Seems to be a common occurrence with Dixons Carphone PLC.

Forum Editor 22:39 09 Oct 2017

A merchant has up to 14 days to make a refund after the date it was agreed.

Under normal circumstances the merchant cannot agree to a refund on returned goods until the goods have been inspected. The 14 day period starts from the day you get confirmation that a refund will be paid.

Belatucadrus 13:21 10 Oct 2017

All I can do is give my experience, I purchased a router online and due to my own error it didn't meet my requirements. Checked return procedure took it to the local store and they refunded me on the spot.

john bunyan 17:52 10 Oct 2017

Belatucadrus

Yes, I had the same when returning an item to a store. Mine was an on line order of a large item that, due to their breaking promises, was never delivered, and even if it had been, it was too big to return to the store. I had to get my bank to help chase the refund.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?