Arbico computers - glowing report

thecatwithnotail 16:08 23 Sep 2010

I do not work for Arbico - I'm just a very satisfied customer and want to spread the good word about a smaller company as I've had shoddy experiences with bigger companies in the past.

I bought a desktop i7 based gaming machine from Arbico in January of this year. The machine arrived promptly and with no problems at all.

A couple of months ago the machine started crashing regularly when gaming - and after this had been going on for a while and aking around on a tech support forum, I contacted Arbico to have it checked and hopefully repaired under warrantee.

Pickup was the day after I reported the problem and they started working on it straight away.

The engineer/technician who was dealing with my PC was great both in his courtesy and his technical skills. He was able to diagnose the problem extremely quickly (problem with graphics card) and correct the problem with new components.

He then went the extra mile and tested my PC thoroughly, identifying one or two other minor problems and fixing them before they could become worse. He installed a new PSU as the previous had been slightly underpowered and new HD as the old one was running a bit noisy.

I've been burned in the past by another dealer (won't name names - unless you ask me ;-) - so it's really pleasant to find a company who cares about their customers and reputation as Arbico does.

Thoroughly recommended all round.

birdface 22:35 23 Sep 2010

really hard to find any reviews about this company except thar PCA gives them some good reports.
This was one of the first that I looked at and the reviews were not flattering.

click here

Now they either had your computer for 2 months to repair it or you are a bit late adding your review.

birdface 23:10 23 Sep 2010

Now this from PCA.

click here

It worries me a bit when there are more customer reviews on here than anywhere else on the the Google pages that I looked at.
Hardly any customer reviews at all.
The E-bay review was very good until you realise that it was not just computer equipment that they were selling.
Now they may well be a very good company and indeed when someone praises them the way thecatwithnotail's did you have to look just to see what other glowing reports there are out there.
Never found a lot for, And not a lot for those against.

thecatwithnotail 23:54 23 Sep 2010

Hey buteman. They had my machine for a little over a week.

They mentioned to me that they are quite a small company so this might account for the low amount of feedback out there. As you say though, people are more likely to report negative criticism than good, so if there isn't much bad around...

I personally would use them again, based on their friendly personal service - I dealt with one chap while they had my machine, who always introduced himself by name. He gave me a couple of calls just to keep me updated - no having to call them to find out what was going on.

I don't think you're wrong to be cautious though - there's a lot of rubbish out there.

birdface 07:49 24 Sep 2010

Not from the London area are you.
I know PCA have reviewed a lot of their computers in the past and probably still do.
All for the good I will add.
It is just when someone wants to buy a new computer they would look for any good or bad reviews and it is hard to find many.
As they are London area based probably most of their business comes from that area.
They are probably not as well known as some of the big dealers.
If all of their customers are as happy as you with their service I am sure that they do well.
I think good customer service is paramount if you want to succeed in this business.
If you don't mind me asking how did you find this company was it through PCA Magazine,Or did you do a random search in Google.Or maybe from a friend.

thecatwithnotail 08:10 24 Sep 2010

I'm from the London area yes, but as far as I know Arbico are in Leicester. That's their contact address anyway - and the number that called me when repairs were taking place :-)

I went with them based on reviews in various PC magazines, they were scoring top of their class for the machines I was looking at. I didn't see any negative reviews from other customers so that sold it for me.

birdface 10:36 24 Sep 2010

Yes sorry not sure where I got the London area from.
Only 25 miles from where I stay.
I must admit I have not heard a great deal about them.
But then I usually play safe and go to E-buyer or Amazon.
The first computer I bought was as I was told later a bad company to use with a poor reputation.
I had the computer for about 6 years and had great use out of it without any problems.
So I suppose like everything else you get a good one or you can get a bad one .
I was quite happy with it.
Some computers come with very good reviews but the actual company selling them come with poor reviews so it is a matter of deciding will I won't I.
Anyhow I am sure many have now read your Glowing Report and will decide when the time comes whether to give them a try or not.

birdface 11:13 24 Sep 2010

Maybe this is where I got the London from.
maybe they moved or have a branch in Leicester also.

click here(arbico-computers-ltd)_261371.htm

birdface 11:34 24 Sep 2010

Nope never came out.

Arbico Computers Ltd
96 Sydenham Road, London SE26 5JX GB,
Sydenham,
LONDON,
SE26 5JX

That may be their old address if they shifted to leicester.
But it did say repair center.

red1977 11:53 24 Sep 2010

I too chose Arbico resulting from reviews in PCA. I can confirm that the whole experience has been trouble free. A repair was done quickly and for free and 18 months later the computer still works fine.

birdface 12:25 24 Sep 2010

It makes you wonder though that we have to use PCA for reviews to me something just not right.
Why no customer reviews maybe it was just a small company and now expanding but you would expect more reviews.
Is it a case of no reviews is good reviews.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?