Arbico Computers

simon_lambert 10:35 26 Feb 2007

Has anyone ever purchased a PC from Arbico, either from Ebay or their site? Did the PC work ok? What was the service like? Thanks

northernwarrior 14:45 26 Feb 2007

The PC I ordered had some faults on delivery - was booting to a black screen, USB dropout etc. They did have it back for a refund (minus their credit card commission, original shipping and the cost I incurred sending it back) but please read their terms of sale carefully before deciding to order. As they are making a custom PC to your spec that appears to remove certain provisions of the distance selling regulations, i.e. they are not automatically obliged to take it back if you are unhappy with the goods.

That said, the staff I spoke to were quite helpful within the constraints of their selling arrangement. Having lumbered myself with a Packard Bell nightmare from PC World I'm beginning to wish I had stuck with Arbico and let them sort it out!

GANDALF <|:-)> 14:52 26 Feb 2007

'(minus their credit card commission, original shipping and the cost I incurred sending it back)'....so it cost you about £80+ to buy and then send back a computer that was not working?/ This is good service?

G

spuds 15:29 26 Feb 2007

Buying a custom built computer are still covered by consumer law, excluding the distance selling regulations returns procedure.

If the item is faulty,and proven to be so, then its for the retailer to put things right, whether that is by agreed full refund, repair or replacement.The customer should not lose out, irrespective of what the retailer may suggest or imply either verbally or in their terms and conditions.Your statutory rights cannot be taken away from you.

SANTOS7 19:19 26 Feb 2007

Tower i use now is from Arbeco Runs like a goodun as it did the day i got it delivered.
Bought it as a "buy it now" item " on ebay, 2 mins after i had secured deal they where on the phone to me asking if everything was alright, if i wanted to upgrade anything, if i wanted to change the colour of the case, they where more than helpful.
Delivered exactly when they said it would be, so my experience has been all good for me..

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?