An apology please FE

Theonewhowatchesoveryou 16:19 13 Mar 2003

With regards to the posting that I made earlier click here, I was, I believed, making a valid comment regarding the instrusive advert and said that

"Ok, have had enough for today!, that damn annoying 3 floating over the screen all the time has finally driven me mad. Even pop up stopper has given!!!!. Why do they have to do that? I realise it generates revenue etc but this one is totally out of order.

Therefore I am totally suprised by both the fact that you felt a need to lock the thread but also by your opening remark
"OK, OK. If you want to go back to mother go back to mother. These things happen from time to time."

At no time did I indicate that I was "going home to mummy" and I take personal offence that you felt it necessary to respond in that infantile and arrogant manner. Whilst I accept that you have overall control of the site I do feel that you should treat your forum members with a little bit more respect as the respect that I had for youhas just taken a nosedive!!. Lock this or delete it at your will or do the right thing,.

A Pound of Sausages 16:34 13 Mar 2003

I think "Forum Editor" and "PC Advisor" are different people.

You may be shouting at the wrong one.

Andÿ 16:36 13 Mar 2003

If you look you will see it's not the FE that posted/locked it!

Please do not do this in public use the 'Contact moderator' button.

Magik™ 16:41 13 Mar 2003

sounds like the old days when we had a lounge, as the above has said, if it was the FE it would have had Forum Editor next to the envelope..so i will guess it was Guy.

Theonewhowatchesoveryou 16:46 13 Mar 2003

Whether it was the FE or PC advisor (to my mind both the same)that posted that reply it was done in public therefore this should be done in public, The opportunity to contact me in private was there and they chose not to. The curt and high handed reply is becoming indicative of this forum and if it wants to retain it's members and stay as "the number one" site then a bit more restraint should be exercised on their side. If the FE had hand in it then I am man enought to apoligise for the error, lets now see if it is recipricated.

Theonewhowatchesoveryou 16:50 13 Mar 2003

sorry again should have read

"If the FE had NO hand in it then I am man enougth to apoligise for the error, lets now see if it is recipricated."

Djohn 16:54 13 Mar 2003

Theonewhowatchesoveryou, I can understand you being annoyed with the No.3 popping up on your screen, but it only takes a click of the mouse to make it go away.

And as Andÿ says, it's not FE who has locked the thread, but one of the many other moderators/administrators.

It really is best to voice your concerns in private with PCA, rather than turn it into a public debate. Best regards. J.

PC Advisor. 17:18 13 Mar 2003

Could we possibly put the toys back in the pram please.

There was a glitch in the ad serving. It's now fixed.

The esteemed regulars are right. Visitors who want to take this further should contact us privately.

Thanks, as ever, for your continued support.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?