AOL Spyware issue

Marko797 17:49 18 Sep 2007

Has anyone recently received the pop-up telling them that the AOL spyware has an update & that it's being replaced by McAfee?

I've had quite a few and each time I try & install it, (it asks for my screen log in) it then says it's currently unavailable.

Have queried this with the AOL live help who say it's not from AOL, and that I should un-install my AOL spyware and then download again. He suggests I should also change my log-in details.

rdave13 23:44 18 Sep 2007

I don't use AOL's antispyware and have not had any update pop-ups from AOL. It seems to me that the advice given is important. The zapper kicks in and I just ignore it as I have my own antispyware progs.
I would uninstall the antispyware, run a reg cleaner and change my log-in details pronto.
Reinstall if you like the program. If you get more pop-ups then I suggest running asquared click here

Spybot s&d, click here

and superantispyware free, click here . This program can also test what you have running on your PC.

Marko797 10:09 19 Sep 2007

thnx. I have uninstalled it, & have all the progs which u mention. I was just pointing out to fellow AOL users that there seems to be an issue, & provided the AOL response on it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?