AOL speed upgrade.

rdave13 19:17 27 Jul 2007

Anyone had the upgrade yet on Silver? I'm still waiting for mine and wonder if it's worth contacting AOL about it.

RobCharles1981 19:39 27 Jul 2007

AOL Claim that I have been upgraded to the 2mb Speed I don't see that much improvement, you could try going into Livehelp and asking them in there.

Download Bandwidth Test Results
Receiving Buffer Size Tip
Your receive buffer size is currently set at default. The default value does not provide the best performance. We recommend PC Pitstop Optimize to increase download speed.
Download speed: 212 kilobits per second
Test details: 799 kilobytes downloaded in 30.125 seconds.
Receive buffer size: Not available

rdave13 20:01 27 Jul 2007

Getting a decent download speed of 962 Kbps (0.9 Mbps) for silver using thinkbroadband, click here . Did AOL notify you of your speed upgrade as they advised they would originally?

rdave13 19:09 28 Jul 2007

So no one has had an email from AOL to say that they've been upgraded then?

RobCharles1981 19:14 28 Jul 2007

I haven't had an Email from them yet.

RobCharles1981 19:17 28 Jul 2007

Speed Down 924.04 Kbps ( 0.9 Mbps )
Speed Up 241.73 Kbps ( 0.2 Mbps )

From your Link Rdave thats what my speed is now?

rdave13 19:29 28 Jul 2007

Seems you are still on 1 Meg. Plus the fact you've had no conformation of the upgrade via email seems to me that they are stalling. Will wait until maybe someone else on AOL on this forum will, or might possibly, reply if they have the time to. Thanks Rob_25_Wales for your interest, maybe of the two hundred thousand odd members, on this forum, one or two might reply.

rdave13 21:56 28 Jul 2007

Or may be they wont...sigh.

Dipso 01:04 29 Jul 2007

From reading the various broadband forums it appears you have to virtually threaten them to leave in order to get this speed upgrade.

rdave13 01:10 29 Jul 2007

Yup, yet again...lol

FatboySlim71 08:49 29 Jul 2007

I am on AOL Gold; I received this email off them on the 6 June. It appears that AOL will write to you once the upgrade has taken place; it says this towards the end of the below.

Your AOL Broadband Gold speed upgrade

You may remember that we wrote to you recently with good news about your AOL Broadband Gold download speed, which is being upgraded from up to 2Mbps to a faster connection of up to 4Mbps* as a thank you for your loyalty.

It is taking a little longer than we hoped to carry out the upgrade. We expect to complete all speed upgrades in August and September.

And you don’t have to do a thing. Better still, it won't cost you a penny more.

What happens next?

Your speed upgrade will happen automatically. We will write to let you know when the speed upgrade starts, and again as soon as your connection speed has been upgraded.
In the meantime, you will continue to be able to access and browse the Internet as normal.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?