Aol giving me double speed for nothing !

mymate 17:33 15 Jan 2007

Over the next six months we will be increasing your AOL Broadband Silver download speed from up to 1Mbps to up to 2Mbps*. And it won't cost you a penny more. Faster broadband means that you'll be able to open web pages, play games, store photos, and download files, music, films and videos in half the time. And you don't have to do a thing.

Totally-braindead 17:37 15 Jan 2007

Diemmess beat you to it click here

mymate 17:40 15 Jan 2007

Oh sorry.i did look for it but didnt see it.
I was last in the egg and spoon race at school,and am still last for every thing else !

spuds 18:42 15 Jan 2007

Aol are a little slow on this type of offer, a number of other ISP have already commenced this free upgrade. Tiscali, who I use, did this 'free' upgrade ages ago ;o)

realist 18:54 15 Jan 2007

Oh well, I'm not complaining.

I'm happy with my current AOL bb speed and 24/7 uninterrupted service so at twice the speed for £9.99 a month I'll maybe be twice as happy!

To check the speed available at your exchange...
click here

Mark_H 19:34 15 Jan 2007

but arent AOL being taken over by Talk Talk which are meant to be poo?

mymate 19:41 15 Jan 2007

Thanks realist,I think everyone is checking their sped on that page,its "not avaiable" at the moment

mymate 19:51 15 Jan 2007

Mark_H.Well Aol isnt very good any way,and Talk talk is not known for being any good, so what have you got when you put them both together !!!!!!!

realist 21:35 15 Jan 2007

I don't hold any brief for AOL, but I've used them since free dial-up stopped some years ago now and I've had no cause for complaint yet.

Speak as you find I guess.

Dipso 22:17 15 Jan 2007

Don't take too much notice of the BT availabilty checker results. The results vary from week to week for no apparent reason. As long as it says you can get BT ADSL Max from your exchange...the rest is down to your own phone line, distance from exchange etc.

Dipso 22:18 15 Jan 2007

Sorry I misread...I thought they were upgrading Silver customers to 8, I see now that it's 2. Ignore my post.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?