AOL Broadband

jul 16:35 12 May 2005

After waiting a year For BT to set up Broadband for my area i decided to stick with AOL and use there Platinum Broadband Package,"I know some will say AOL no way" but im pleased with what i have had so far and if it continues to be problem free i will stay with them, I signed up for the 2mb and my connection speed just over at 2272, so im afraid I am one Happy user who looks like staying with AOL for some time.
OK before some say why AOL its because i wanted unlimited as i use the net for a lot of online gaming and do put up a games Server so that others can join in and have fun, and unlimited was the right choice so Far so is AOL

CurlyWhirly 22:44 12 May 2005

I agree having used AOL for nearly 4 years with NO problems!

Mr Beeline 23:59 12 May 2005

Hi

Out of interest... how do you know your connection speed? It's just that a lot of people mistake the fact that if you "hover" your mouse over your modem status icon (in your icon tray) it says "speed 2.2 Mbps. This in fact only tells you the speed your connection is sync'd to the exchange. Which can then be throttled back by your ISP. Not saying that you don't have a 2 Mbps link, just not quite as straight forward to tell sometimes as folks think.

Only real way is to use a speed testing utility like click here

Enjoy your broadband experience.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?