aol 2mps b/b

picklsey 06:57 03 Dec 2004

got message from aol offering above for £34.99 per month you have to sign up for a year,but they say it,s a trial.anyone else get this offer and what do you think of it.i,m allready with aol (no complaints)on 1mps.

CurlyWhirly 07:56 03 Dec 2004

Even if I was offered the trial I don't think I would be able to upgrade as I was one of those people who couldn't get the 1 mb service until 6th september as I was too far away until BT updated their online checker.
I too am on AOL Platinum and NO complaints.

picklsey 04:04 04 Dec 2004

CurlyWhirly thanks for reply i don,t know if i,ll be taking them up on it as i,ve no real need for the extra speed.i might just wait to see if it comes down in price.but then again boys and there toys if you know what i mean.

CurlyWhirly 14:38 04 Dec 2004

I *would* take the offer up as it is only £5 a month more than what I am paying now!

I have just requested that I take part in the Trial but after AOL did a line check (via BT) I have been told that my line DOESN'T support 2 mb.
Oh well not to worry!
All the best Picklsey.

picklsey 17:40 04 Dec 2004

CurlyWhirly
about an hour ago done the line check said i was ok so i have decided to go for it.by the way i keep reading about the distance from the exchange is it them grey boxes in the street or what.

CurlyWhirly 20:55 04 Dec 2004

I am pleased for you, I just wish I could get it but never mind as things could be worse as I could still be on dial-up! lol

In answer to your query, I don't think it is them grey boxes as they just contain numerous telephone connections. The Exchange is normally a building.

CurlyWhirly 16:56 10 Dec 2004

By the way are you happy with the extra speed?
Just curious!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?