Anyone used this company

bigphil30uk 15:51 30 Sep 2006

click here

Prices seem ridiculously low. Is there a catch

def90csw 15:56 30 Sep 2006

If in doubt pay by credit card for added protection.

Stuartli 16:03 30 Sep 2006

Highly suspicious. Even the About Us carries little or no real information and the Ts and Cs page is just one wedge of text.

The words Wouldn't, Touch, Proverbial and Bargepole come to mind..:-)

Totally-braindead 16:22 30 Sep 2006

As def90csw says, as long as you pay by credit card you should be all right. Never heard of them myself.

mikef. 16:33 30 Sep 2006

Several things I don't like about the site Terms and Conditions are almost impossible to read just one very long paragraph and Company address is Nottingham, but Phone Number given is London sales office.

Buyer beware

Stuartli 16:42 30 Sep 2006

If it seems too cheap to be true, then it almost certainly is...:-)

Kate A 19:41 30 Sep 2006

A quick search of that domain on whois.net reveals that the site was first registered three weeks ago, and provides an address in dorset for the trader who registered the site.

click here

spuds 20:45 30 Sep 2006

Just done a few checks, and I think that I will give this company a miss. Even the website copyright appears to be registered to another party, and lacks all legal requirements.

Stuartli 23:57 30 Sep 2006

There was a similar thread a little while back about a website offering very keen prices - turned out to be what exactly was suspected all along...:-)

marbleblue 00:10 01 Oct 2006

Haha, I'm a student doing computing at AS level and it almost looks as if its the work of a past student of the course! Very iffy if you ask me.

bigphil30uk 08:19 04 Oct 2006

Thanks for replies. Don't think I will be throwing any money in their direction.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?