Anyone recommend Epson R300M?

smegy88 21:02 05 Jun 2004

Hi,
I'm going to buy a new colour printer for mostly general use and a few photos. Does anyone out there recommend the Epson R300M? Any comment would be greatly appreciated. Also recommendations for other printers would be useful...

Thanks

zincy 00:39 06 Jun 2004

yes this was the model, that i was looking at too... i heard sometimes the trap gets jammed for the cd? and is the quality printer onto cd good?
any one knows?

thms 10:03 06 Jun 2004

See review click here

GANDALF <|:-)> 11:07 06 Jun 2004

I have one.....got from pixmania for £108. The cartridges are a bit pricey but they last for ages and you can buy compatibles for half-price....click here

The quality of the colour prints are equivalent to the 2.25 inch negatives and I get the best results using Epson paper although the difference between that and Kodak paper is barely noticeable. Printing from media cards that can be inserted in the front of the machine is a doddle and you can link your camera to the printer thus saving the purchase of an LCD monitor.

For the price you cannot go wrong.

G

€dstowe 15:43 06 Jun 2004

Excellent printers for the price and will print directly on to CDs and DVDs.

LAP 16:15 06 Jun 2004

I have an Epson 200 and my wife has the 300. The 300 has a display screen that we never use.
I have found no difference between them because I only use it for photos. The quality of the facial skin tones I find are perfect. Previous printer being Epson C62. I am more than happy with my 200.

LAP 16:20 06 Jun 2004

Re the printing direct onto CD's never tried it, but a friend has the 200. He found using the correct settings that the ink did not appear to dry. I suggested he attached the plain paper disc first to absorb the ink, have not heard an update as yet.

€dstowe 16:31 06 Jun 2004

There are two distinct types of printable CDs/DVDs. Those designed to accept thermal transfer inks and those for inkjet. It is the thermal transfer surfaces that don't absorb the liquid ink.

We've had great success using these printers direct on to inkjet printable DVDs. As the disks are likely to be subject to a lot of handling, they are best sealed after printing with a sealer spray obtained easily from SVP.

€d

LAP 10:33 07 Jun 2004

Thanks Edstowe, I will let him know. Lap..

Smiler 11:03 07 Jun 2004

Great printer but haven't tried the cd printing yet. Being able to read any card is very usefull as I use several different cameras with different media. The monitor is handy if you want to use the printer without the computer being switched on.

mikeyb59 14:52 07 Jun 2004

I have the R300 (no monitor). Hugely impressed with the quality of prints. Can't comment on ink cart. life as I have only had it for a few weeks.

The direct to cd/dvd printing is excellent too.

Overall, quiet, stunning photo quality and very easy to use. Go get one!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?