Anyone know these people?

Diodorus Siculus 11:35 27 Dec 2006

click here

Link-It

I ran out of USB ports and added a belkin 4port PCI card; now I need to add another couple of ports and have seen the above. Trouble is, I never heard of the manufacturer - anyone know about them? Should I go for it or pay the extra for another Belkin?

Thanks, Dio

Pamy 11:46 27 Dec 2006

It says Belkin lifetime warranty

Diodorus Siculus 11:55 27 Dec 2006

Didn't notice that...

I'll order it via collect at store in case it is more expensive in store and give it a try anyway - nothing to lose if it doesn't work - I find PCW good when it comes to refunds for such items.

SANTOS7 11:59 27 Dec 2006

click here#
it looks exactly the same as this, so if its cheaper no reason why you should not buy it..

Diodorus Siculus 12:02 27 Dec 2006

SANTOS7 - yes, the image is the same as is the spec.

Going to pop down now and see what I can get.

Diodorus Siculus 12:28 27 Dec 2006

Just got it and seems to be a rebadged Belkin. It was in the PCW Component store section in a plain white box. I'll install it now and see how it goes.

Diodorus Siculus 12:45 27 Dec 2006

Definitely a rebadged Belkin – same colour, shape, code numbers etc as the Belkin already there and shows up in device manager the same as the as Belkin! Good price and no hard plastic to fight my way into!

vitrocmax 23:54 30 Dec 2006

Good price for a 5 port card. I'm in the middle of sorting out an IBM PC and have two 6 port cards (unbranded) that the PC cannot see. Got the driver CD (which shouldn't be needed on Win2K) but no joy.

Might try the Belkin 5 port - it can always go back.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Android Oreo News: Release Date & New Features

Best Album Art 2017: Nominees & past winners of Best Art Vinyl Awards to be exhibited

iMac 21.5-inch (2017) review

Comparatif : quelle est la meilleure batterie externe 2017 ?