Anyone know anything about this company?

alpinejim 16:51 11 Jan 2009

I am looking into buying Norton 360 and i have found it being offered by a company calling themselves Eonline.
I just wondered if anyone knows about them and whether they are a legit distributor.

Here is their address: click here

They are offering a one year licence for £40 and a 2 year for £50. It just seems a bit fishy considering Norton want £60 for a one year and no mention of a 2 year licence.

Patr100 17:35 11 Jan 2009

No physical contact address, registered Office showing on site or phone number - Not a good sign....

sunnystaines 18:19 11 Jan 2009

should have opted for the beta.

but you have this option its free for just over a year
click here

another option try novatech for oem disc's

AL47 19:43 11 Jan 2009

my firefox review tool addon doesnt give a rating to that site either positive or negative, id avoid

GaT7 20:02 11 Jan 2009

"It just seems a bit fishy considering Norton want £60 for a one year and no mention of a 2 year licence." - you're right.

"and whether they are a legit distributor." - contact Symantec about this.

To add to what Patr100A said: no address. phone number, etc.

The website/domain was created less than 3 months ago & is based in Singapore click here.

Payment is by PayPal only - no credit cards.

There's a slim chance it could be legit, but I personally wouldn't risk £40-50. G

€dstowe 20:04 11 Jan 2009

There is a legal obligation for commercial enterprises in the UK/Europe to give official address and other details on their website. I cannot find this information for them. AVOID.

MAT ALAN 20:11 11 Jan 2009

click here

stateside counterpart, its the same site on both sides of the pond, I smell a huge rat!!!

Marko797 20:32 11 Jan 2009

why you might want Norton anyhow. Why not opt for a free version such as Avast, AVG 8, or any of the other AV progs which are recommended on here, plus a free anti-malware?

tigertop2 21:02 11 Jan 2009

PC Advisor's CD this month has a free download of PC Tools software-worth £50. If I did not already have this excellent programme I would go for that. It only has one disadvantage--Symantec have recently bought them out and will probably undo all the good work in the developement side

AL47 21:28 11 Jan 2009

i would go avg 8, [had no nasties from it at all!] and ZA fire wall [love ZA program control]

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Is this the future of VR and AR?

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment regarder le Bureau des Légendes en ligne ?